YOUTH AND ENTERPRISE LEGAL CENTRE (YELC)
Who we are:
The Youth and Enterprise Legal Centre (YELC) is a not for profit legal centre established to provide free legal information and reduced-cost advice to young people and those in business.
Our services are provided under two streams – the Youth Stream and the Enterprise Stream – and include free legal information, reduced-fee advice and representation in limited circumstances.
YELC is committed to addressing many of the legal issues faced by young people. Our service is open to young people, between the ages of 15-25, who need advice in relation to:
- Debt and credit matters causing financial hardship.
- Proceedings in the Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal.
- Limited employment law matters.
For more information please see the Youth Stream section.
Our aim in offering services under this stream is to fill the gap in existing services by offering business owners, who do not have the financial capacity to pay market rates for lawyers, reduced-cost legal assistance. We provide advice in relation to the following matters:
- Intellectual property.
- Employment law.
- Superannuation and insurance.
- Insolvency and bankruptcy.
- Commercial law and practice.
- Taxation law.
- Trade Practices Act matters.
- Leasing and property agreements (lesee disputes).
- Building and construction matters.
For more information please see the Enterprise Stream section.
Please note that YELC does not provide advice in criminal, family or immigration law matters.
YELC legal information line is open Monday to Friday between 10:00am and 5:00pm.
Phone (Toll free): 1300 136 921